The Association | Goal & Benefits | Main Criteria | Contact us
The main criteria for a Cafe to be accepted as a member are as follows:
- A Cafe has to be a Legal Entity, with a valid operating license as a Cafe, since its establishment.
- The prospective member must have been operating under the same name as a Cafe throughout all years of operation (no switching of business objective). It also must have been operating continuously since its founding.
- A Cafe has to have its “signature products”, which promote the culture of the specific Cafe and local tradition.
- A Cafe has to have a history record of at least 100 years old and must have not changed its historical character and nature throughout the years.
- A Cafe has to have active presence in the social and cultural scene, tradition in quality literary, culinary, artistic activities and events in general, that promote the historic Cafe culture and the culture of their home city.
A number of the most famous historic Cafes of Europe have already shown great interest in participating, they are in: Austria, France, Italy, Hungary Holland etc.